4Sqr Task Management System
4Sqr uses a method of task organization called the matrix management system and it basically involves categorizing your tasks into a set number of priority categories. It's not as simple as "high", "medium", and "low" priority though. You organize your tasks based on what you need to do with them. The categories are "critical and immediate", these are tasks that are important and due now, "critical and not immediate", these are tasks that are important and you should start planning now, "not critical or immediate", these are tasks that may be delegated or done during dead time, and then there's an "uncategorized" category that acts as the default.
My TODO list:
sorted by priority and automatically generated from the actual 4Sqr that I keep
Critical and Immediate
- make a post about 4sqr (yes, another one!)
- use for email
- auto schedule and reminders
- keep history (archive button instead of delete button)
- make mobile version
- due dates cause bug if they aren't deactivated after the due date has passed
- check boxes to indicate you are done with a task!
- less alert boxes!
- get rid of ugly scrollbars, css maybe?
- little notes notifier on main 4sqr item box to make it obvious that we've thought about this a little more
Critical and Not Immediate
- fix alert box when you make account for first time
- make text wrap around before hitting where the delete button is, that way it doesn't jump
- automatically delete tasks that are named "default name"
- make popups instant when you click on an item, and display loading thing
Not Critical or Immediate
- 4sqrs have different view settings, each view gives more or less detail about items
- make it so you can change color schemes
- set parent 4sqr priority by dragging and dropping
- priority view for 4sqrs, just lists them as they are and highlights them accordingly
- error handling
- make tiny sidebar on right side, that can popup for 4sqr tree!
Uncategorized Inbox (mostly fleeting ideas)
- each sqr has new item button that shows on hover
- main page where you can easily view all pending tasks from all 4sqrs
- change opacity based on position in individual 4sqr (except inbox)
- 4sqr categories
- link items and 4sqrs