This system of categories was the inspiration for my new web application, 4sqr:
You can access 4sqr here
I have the following features planned:
- Keyboard shortcuts (press 1-4 to send item to category, or press d to delete, etc)
- Link items and 4sqrs. This is an interesting one. Say I have a "program" 4sqr but one of my tasks is "add keyboard shortcut feature". This would link to another 4sqr which would have its own tasks categorized. This might create a tree like structure with children and parents. This has the potential to get complicated and might be a while before I choose to attempt to implement it.
- recurring tasks, you could have a "bills" 4sqr that would automatically insert a "pay credit card bill" into your critical and not immediate a few days before it's due.
- On a similar note, you can also add due dates to items so that it would change categories as the due date came closer.
- Add notes to item. Pretty much self explanatory
- Have popup editor on double click to support all the other features
- A main page where you can view all critical tasks from all 4sqrs you have
- 4sqr categories. I imagine if you had a lot of 4sqrs it would get difficult to navigate. So you can have one called "school" that contained 4sqrs of all your different classes. I'd have to change the way you create and navigate 4sqrs though.
I'll probably think of more features if I continue to develop this and actually use this regularly. The funny thing is, now that I'm out of school for the summer I finally had the time to make this, but now I don't have nearly as much of a use for it. Maybe once I get the mobile version working people will want to use it.