- User account system with the ability for multiple accounts
- Ability to upload files to the directory your are currently viewing using one of those user accounts
- Ability to not show the login link for the upload file system
- Ability to login through a defined directory
- Ability to define the maximum pixels the thumbnailer should try to thumbnail. (to prevent memory errors)
- Revised CSS styling
- A few minor bug fixes
- More that I forgot.
I never really found a good way to detect if an image was going to create a memory error for the thumbnailer. It takes an immense amount of memory to convert an image from its original format, to true color, and then to jpeg. My host's default memory limit for PHP is 90 mbs and I found that images around 16000000px (16mp) maxed out that memory cap. So i just said that if the width x height is greater than 16mp don't even try to thumbnail it and instead just display an image with the name of it.
The code looks like this:
Very simple. The magic number is defined with the rest of the settings. This obviously isn't the best way to go about this but like I said, I've been holding this release off to add more features for too long. So this kluge will have to hold for now.
You can download the new script here.